ai2rie

ai2rie

Friday, August 12, 2011

Fuyuko Matsui



When I was browsing in search of inspiration I found another artist that I like^^ oddly enough for me to found that some of my new discovery are dark and grotesque art, plus almost all of them are Japanese artists.





I think Japanese painting/nihonga looks beautiful and mysterious. Fuyuko Matsui including one Japanese artist who uses nihonga techniques. "I want to create a sympathy, a strong feeling, between the viewer and myself," Matsui said in an interview "In a way I’m doing something that the viewer can’t do himself. It's like people who occasionally think about jumping under a train. In my art I’m actually jumping under the train. That shock – I’m doing it for you." Just like when I see her paintings I feel like drowning in a surreal world. When asked about where her inspiration comes from she said "There are various things that inspire my paintings: first a strong concept, second I have a mental picture and a concept, and third I just randomly paint until something starts to appear, and, then, there are all of these different ways combined." if it's me I prefer the third way, because the process usually works like that to me^^; but it proved to me that a powerful concept is very necessary in producing a good art.

interview snippet from Culturekiosque


No comments:

Post a Comment